-->

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

'Crazy diets were wrecking my body,' reveals Sports Illustrated model Brooklyn Decker

She prances around the beach in a tiny yellow bikini in her new film Just Go With It, but Brooklyn Decker has revealed she wasn't always so confident with her body.

The 23-year-old Sports Illustrated cover girl admits to she used to follow 'crazy diets' during her early days as a model.

Her concerned father eventually staged an 'intervention' in a bid to stop her from ruining her health.

Body struggle: Brooklyn Decker, pictured here on the set of Just Go With It last year, went on 'crazy diets' in her early days as a model
Body struggle: Brooklyn Decker, pictured here on the set of Just Go With It last year, went on 'crazy diets' in her early days as a model

Body struggle: Brooklyn Decker, pictured here on the set of Just Go With It last year, went on 'crazy diets' in her early days as a model

'When I was younger, I was insecure about being gangly and having no shape,' she tells the February issue of America's Self magazine.

Cover girl: The model appears on the latest issue of America's Self magazine

Cover girl: The model appears on the latest issue of America's Self magazine

'People made fun of me and called me a boy! I remember praying for boobs and a butt. Luckily, I grew into myself and got curves, but when I was first modelling, I wished for that boyish Gisele body again!'

The blonde, who is married to tennis star Andy Roddick, 28, says she later felt under incredible pressure to be thin.

'When I moved to New York, I was always with other aspiring models,' she tells the publication.

"There were bingers and purgers, and everyone watched each other eat. It freaked me out.

'I did juice fasts and crazy diets and ended up gaining weight. My father did an intervention and got me to stop obsessing about everyone else and wrecking my body.'

Now, Brooklyn insists she has a healthy attitude towards food.

Game, set, match: Brooklyn is married to tennis star Andy Roddick

Game, set, match: Brooklyn is married to tennis star Andy Roddick

'Eating is more fulfilling if you talk about what you should eat rather than what you shouldn’t,' she says.

'Instead of worrying about what foods might have too much fat or sugar, think, "Oh, I should eat these blueberries for the antioxidants."'

Brooklyn plays Adam Sandler's love interest in the romantic comedy Just Go With It, which also stars Jennifer Aniston.

It is released in the U.S. and U.K. on February 11.

Share this:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments
loading...