-->

Monday, January 3, 2011

'It took me to hell and back:' But Christina Milian says she 'survived' marriage break up


On the outside it appeared as if Christina Milian had it all - a successful career, a romantic wedding and a child on the way.

But by her own account, her marriage to Terius 'The Dream' Nash quickly turned into a nightmare.

The 29-year-old singer and new mother has recently revealed that she tried desperately to fix her failing marriage but that it was never going to work.

Moving on: Christina Milian talked with Latino magazine about her marriage which she described as 'hell'

Moving on: Christina Milian talked with Latino magazine about her marriage which she described as 'hell'

Happy family: The singer has been focusing on motherhood since their split last February

Happy family: The singer has been focusing on motherhood since their split last February

'I've been to hell and back, but I survived,' Christina tells Latino magazine, a year after music producer The Dream filed for divorce and just days before she gave birth to their daughter Violet.

'I tried to be someone I wasn’t because I wanted my marriage to work,' she tells the magazine.

'But ultimately, if it’s not working, it’s not working.'

At the time, both the singer and her husband denied any rumours of infidelity.

But when pictures surfaced of Nash getting cosy with a female assistant on the beach in the Caribbean, the pair were forced to admit their relationship was over.

They had only been married for ten months.

The other woman: The Dream was seen holidaying in the Caribbean with his female assistant eventually forcing the couple to admit they had separated

The other woman: The Dream was seen holidaying in the Caribbean with his female assistant eventually forcing the couple to admit they had separated

'I didn’t know anything. But looking back, my gut was telling me something was off. But I thought I could fix it,' she added.

Christina has spent her time since the break up focusing on motherhood and claims that being a parent has helped make her feel 'sexier.'

The star also recently revealed how she shed the 45lbs she gained during her pregnancy.

'The first month, I lost weight drastically,' she admitted.

But it was her own mother who helped her get her pre-baby figure back.

'On top of that, she cooked me a lot of raw vegetables and raw salads and proteins -- and it worked! I also drank a lot of water.'

Share this:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments
loading...