-->

Saturday, January 15, 2011

We are not lovers: Nicki Minaj laughs off web rumours of a relationship with Rihanna

Rapper Nicki Minaj has laughed off rumours that she and Rihanna are loved up in a lesbian tryst.

Minaj, 26, branded suggestions that she and the Umbrella singer were living together 'insane'.

'I don't know where people got this really insane, hilarious, random rumour that she and I were living together,' she told a U.S. radio show.

Not dating: Nicki Minaj and Rihanna in a Twitter picture; the rapper has spoken out to end web rumours the two are living together

Not dating: Nicki Minaj and Rihanna in a Twitter picture; the rapper has spoken out to end web rumours the two are living together

'We had just shot the video for a song I have on the album called Fly. When I saw her the first thing I said was "So, did you hear we're living together".

'We just started cracking up laughing and she was like "I can't believe people are this ridiculous".'

But the Pink Friday singer confessed that she has not ruled out the possibility of hooking up with Rihanna, 22.

'We're not getting cosy. I mean, we're not getting cosy yet,' she laughed.

'There is a possibility because she's just like a bad ass. You never know. That would be like a crazy power couple right now.'

Rumours began to circulate about Minaj and Rihanna being more than just good friends on Internet forums earlier this month.

The friends, who duet on the song Fly, fuelled the gossip even further by posting a string of suggestive messages on their Twitter accounts.

Posting a photo of she and Minaj, Rihanna wrote: 'Me and Nikki in our new crib, lol! Getting busy on set of FLY!! Its so hard to keep my hands off!'

Picking up on the fact Rihanna had spelt her name wrong, Minaj responded, saying: 'If we're gonna liv 2gthr and hook up u gotta learn how 2 spell my name!'

The Shut Up and Drive singer cheekily replied: 'Don't u hear me askin what my OWN name is?? Lol! My bad, I'll make it up to u *wink*'

Minaj said the exchanges were meant to be tongue in cheek but had sent the rumour mill into overdrive instead.

'People still didn't realise we were joking. People were still hitting me saying "Oh my god, you're so lucky. You and Rihanna?"' the rapper laughed.

'You can't even be sarcastic any more. It was hilarious though.'

Share this:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments
loading...