-->

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

'I would never have surgery for someone else': Jennifer Metcalfe admits that liposuction was a personal decision


She's been showing off an enviable figure on Dancing On Ice - and now actress Jennifer Metcalfe has bared all in print.

The 27-year-old Hollyoaks star has not only stripped off for a stunning photoshoot in the new issue of more! magazine, but she has also opened up about the liposuction surgery which she had last summer.

And in the interview, Jennifer admitted that it was a 'personal decision' to have the procedure, and that she did not do it for anybody but herself.

Laid bare: Jennifer Metcalfe, who stripped off for the more! photoshoot, admitted that her liposuction surgery was a personal choice

Laid bare: Jennifer Metcalfe, who stripped off for the more! photoshoot, admitted that her liposuction surgery was a personal choice

'I did it for me and that’s it,' she said in the interview. 'I wouldn’t say I’ve learnt anything by having surgery. I think surgery is a really personal decision only you can make.

'If there’s something on your body you really don’t like, it doesn’t matter if your mum doesn’t see it, your boyfriend doesn’t see it, or whoever, it’s what you feel comfortable with.'

The actress, who plays Mercedes McQueen Fisher on the Channel 4 soap, dropped from a size 10-12 around her hips to a size six-eight after the procedure last summer.

Looking toned: The Hollyoaks actress has been showing off her slim figure in sparkly skimpy outfits in Dancing On Ice

Looking toned: The Hollyoaks actress has been showing off her slim figure in sparkly skimpy outfits in Dancing On Ice

However she did admit that 'surgery has not made me love my body more' and added that she took the decision to have the procedure due to a small area on her body she was not happy with.

The full interview with Jennifer appears in the latest issue of more! magazine, which is on sale now

The full interview with Jennifer appears in the latest issue of more! magazine, which is on sale now

'I had the smallest area on my body that I didn’t like, but it just beat me up so much, I thought, '‘I want to get rid of it",'Jennifer said.

'My mum thought I was ridiculous and didn’t want me to do it. She said, "Jen, why are you doing this?" But I did it and afterwards she said, "You do look great".

'The most important thing with having any surgery is that you just do it for you and no one else,' she added.

'I would never have surgery because someone else thought I should.'

Jennifer also discussed her skating partner Sylvain Longchambon in the interview, following rumours that the pair's sizzling chemistry on the ice rink had spilled over into real life.

The pair also raised eyebrows when they shared a kiss on last weekend's show at the end of their routine.

'Oh he's gorgeous!' Jennifer said when asked what she thought of her skating partner, 'I think you'd be stupid not to fancy him!'

To read the feature in full, see the new issue of more! magazine on sale now.

Glamorous: Metcalfe at a Lipsy party in London in July

Glamorous: Metcalfe at a Lipsy party in London in July

Share this:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments
loading...