-->

Friday, April 1, 2011

PATTY EATS: An in depth review of the KitchenAid Mixer


REVIEW OF KITCHENAID STAND MIXER PART TWO: CHAPTER ONE

There really are only a handful of EPIC kitchen contraptions that I know of. Let’s see. The egg slicer. The George Foreman grill. The ice maker and, of course, the KitchenAid stand mixer. I mean, serious. This mixer really has it all. It’s got all the attachements. Sure, other mixers have attachments but not like THESE! Gosh, they’re pretty. Look, just look, at the shiny one. Yep, that twirly looking one is pretty fucking sweet looking too. Why would you not want this thing? You would be stupid not to get one. Just fucking stupid.

So I decided to give the crazy looking wonder-mixer a whirl. I found a delicious looking recipe for “Swedish Lemon Angels” in an old cookbook my Mom gave me a while back. They looked easy to make and the book, entitled “Pennsylvania Teller’s Union Cooking Manual,” was well worn so it’s probably got some good recipes, right?

While using the KitchenAid stand mixer I noticed that it was hard to figure out. What goes where? How do I put the hook thing on the other part. I figured it out but it was hard. Seesh KitchenAid I would think your instruction booklet would be a little more detailed. It ended up all working out ok and I began to mix the ingredients together. It was easy to follow the recipe and the machine worked really, really well.

Boy did it mix the stuff up! I mean it was mixing and mixing like no tomorrow, but sadly I couldn’t mix forever cause that would make the lemon angels all chewy and gross…and besides I was getting a headache from all the dizzying mixing going on.

As far as this professional food blogger was concerned the KitchenAid mixer from KitchenAid worked like a dream. It didn’t blow up once during the mixing process.

The Swedish Lemon Angels were absoultely delicious. My Mom’s cookbook recommendation was spot on. The cookies were moist and crumbly and tart like a fresh squeezed lemon. I ate them all. I know I shouldn’t have, but I did. Now I have to poop.

Be sure to check out the awesome action cooking shots further down.

Oh and here’s the motherfucking recipe:

Swedish Lemon Angels

Ingredients

* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup buttermilk
* 5 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 cup lemon juice
* 1 1/4 cups sugar
* 7/8 cup all-purpose flour
* 8 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

Procedure

1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg until foamy.
3. Mix in buttermilk and vanilla.
4. Gradually add baking soda, one teaspoon at a time, mixing until smooth and creamy.
5. Pour in lemon juice all at once and blend thoroughly.
6. Once mixture has congealed into a pasty lump, scoop it out with a spatula and spread on a floured surface.
7. Sift flour and 3/4 cup sugar together and work it into the egg-lemon lump with your fingertips.
8. Roll the dough thin with a floured rolling pin, and cut out angel shapes with a knife.
9. Curl up the edges slightly and sprinkle the angels with the rest of the sugar.
10. Brush angels with melted butter.
11. Place angels with at least an inch apart on a baking sheet.
12. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
























Share this:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments
loading...