-->

Thursday, June 7, 2012

'MERICA goes to San Diego for a meetup with the troops! (45 Photos)

Over Memorial Day weekend, the Chivers made the trek from Venice Beach to San Diego to raise a glass with our service men and women. If you serve in our Armed Forces, you and a friend drank for free all night on us. Let me be the first to compliment y'all on your capacity for alcohol, the Navy really is America's largest drinking club.

We didn't really know what to expect but I got a fairly good indication when I went for a walk in the Gaslamp Quarter a few hours before the event. I saw Bill Murray and KCCO's everywhere which continues to be a humbling experience for me.

Over a thousand Chivers showed up to say hello and thank our troops. I particularly enjoyed the random chorus of 'USA! USA!' chants throughout this magical night.

A special thanks to Ellen Mon0han, Sara Jay, and Erin Young for making the trip. We had the time of our lives.

Next stop: New York City

And I'm hearing rumors of an Austin, TX meetup soon…












































Share this:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments
loading...